Sunday, November 20, 2016

Update going in to Week 5

The sores in my throat has grown and the pain is now more intense.  Somehow the aspirin tablet gargle doesn't work as well and as fast. Eating now becomes harder and so I have to wash down the soft food with a chaser drink.

At night when I lie down the mouth and throat becomes really dry. The salivary glands are affected due to the daily radiation.  I find that if I sit up it is a bit better. So at night when I sleep I gargle my mouth to keep it moist almost every hour. This is how important saliva is - It helps in digestion, it has enzymes that protect the teeth but it also coats the teeth. In the morning when my mouth is completely dry, the edges of the teeth feels like knives as I brush my tongue along it.  Its really sharp but because of the saliva which coats it, we don't realise how sharp it is.

Please pray that 
1) The pain would not intensify and that the sores in the throat will heal so that I can eat my semi liquid diet.

2) The salivary glands will not be damaged permanently. They would work well and I would be able to sleep at nights without my mouth and throat drying up. 

3) Week 5 that God will sustain me and my weight wont come down too drastically.
I am now about 68Kgs. down 4+Kgs

       

3 comments:

  1. Praying Psalm 121 for you, Meng. God is your keeper in all the pain you r going thru.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang tough bro!! Praying you though this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Les ... You're closer to the end of the treatment than the start. Just a little more down the road.

    ReplyDelete