Saturday, November 26, 2016

PRAYER REQUESTS

Prayer requests:
1) Throat
- the inflamation will subside. Currently its so inflamed food is unable to go down without steroid coverage and this evening I choked again, causing some food to come out.
Pray it doesn't get infected. I'm on antibiotics.
2) Sleep. I get at most 4 hours a night in total as my mouth and throat dry up causing it to be very painful by morning.
Please pray that the salivary glands will function properly once again and this won't be a long term damage.
3) Eating becomes really difficult now and this next couple of weeks is crucial. The effects of the RT continue with each week..
4) with 2 weeks left of treatment please pray that the tumor will shrink completely and that there will be complete healing. It would be horrible if I have to continue because there are traces of the tumor left.
5) although many have said the side effects of the treatment continue on and peaks in 2 weeks I have a very personal prayer request...that God will grant me favour and allow me immediate recovery such that I can be at church on Christmas day sharing the Word of God from the pulpit.

Thank you all for your support and encouraging messages. Most of all for upholding me and my family before the throne of God.

5 comments:

  1. Uncle Meng, we pray you will be well by Christmas day. We would like to share our 5 feet tall food hamper with you.

    We will be building the hamper next week.

    Lord Jesus, please make Uncle Meng well. Let him continue to spread your Words. Let him continue to teach us your Words. Be graceful to him, spare him the pain and horror of the illness.

    Give us the miracle of wellness to Uncle Meng, to enjoy the special time of Christmas in your name, Lord Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Pastor. I went through the same thing and got to know you through a friend. The most important thing is not to give up, even a single RT, unless, its life threatening. The mind does play many tricks in times of desperation, and unbearable pain. Unfortunately, the reality is it will get worse. I was on blended foods, ensure, and pasteurized eggs for months. Had essential family support. A humidifer may help when dry. After its all done - The pain will eventually subside and you'll emerge victorious at the end of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kenneth;
      Thank you for reaching out.Only a person who has gone through NPC can understand fully the intensity of the pain. Indeed, there are days when I dont want to go to do the RT but you are right my family and church community have been my incredible strength to carry on.
      If you dont mind me asking how long ago did you go through this? They say the side effects peak 2 weeks after the treatment ends - was that your experience?

      Delete
  3. dear Paster Yee, My name is Georgie Teoh and I got to know your conditions from Ms Kang of my wife colleagues who is one of your church member.I'm a NPC survival and just successfully have it treated at Modern Hospital of Guangzhou recently with less side effect and discomfort and with also the grace of our Lord to see me throughout the entire treatment. If you wish to know more I will be glad to share my experience. I can be reached at 0192280252.

    ReplyDelete