Monday, October 24, 2016

DAY 1 - Like first day in school!

The feeling is like your first day of school. Lost and unsure what is going  to happen next.

I lie down on that hard table again and they pull my luminous yellow grid mask out from the cupboard.  They mark my face and chest and place the mask on top.  Then they strap my face and chest down firmly. My eyes firmly closed and my lips pursed.  At first I felt unable to breathe as it pressed hard on my neck.  They readjusted and then it felt better.

I hear everyone leaving the room and then the table moves into the giant white donut.  After about 10 minutes of measuring they announce that everything is OK and they will begin with the 447 sec of radiation.
The long walk to the radiotherapy chamber

Like a sci fi movie, a faint blue light goes around the donut humming along from left to right to left to right.....a bit intimidating. I try to block out all the humming and hissing and buzzing sounds around me and begin to think and recite Psalm 23...The Lord is My Shepherd I shall not want....
It helps me to focus on remembering the psalm instead of all thats going on around me.  before long its over. What a relief.

My head unstrapped and I'm helped up from the table!
The mask leaves an imprint on my forehead





Tomorrow is another day. Its a full day as I will receive my first dose of chemotherapy.  8.30am to 1.30pm.  Then to radiotherapy from 2pm to about 2.30pm.

Thank you all for praying for us.




Not sure how long more I can hit the gym...and my caregiver's back is HEALED! She says TQ for the prayers  

2 comments:

  1. Praying this verse for u as u r undergoing chemo right now.

    "The Lord, my God keeps my lamp burning
    And He turns my darkness into light."
    Psalm 18:28.

    ReplyDelete