Thursday, October 13, 2016

Thank you Lord!

The oncologist was very thorough in explaining the report and subsequent plan of treatment.

It is 1 tumor from the inside of my nostril cavity to the left nodule area.  It is localised and has not spread anywhere else. That in itself is good news.  We rejoice in hearing that!

My treatment starts next Monday - a regiment of 7 weeks radiotherapy and 6 weeks Chemotherapy concurrently. Radiotherapy is 5 days a week.

The doctor explained the side effects and difficulties I will have to bear like - loss of appetite, fatigue and a salivary gland which may be damaged.

Afraid for my job, I quickly asked if my voice will be affected....... Thank God it won't which means many of you will still have to endure my preaching :)

The months ahead will be difficult but I'm grateful to God for the good prognosis and all your prayers, words of encouragement and hugs!  

    

10 comments:

  1. We 💙 to hear you preach la! Praise God! He will be with you all the way and so will we 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday School is still waiting for Ask the Pastor any question session with Uncle Meng.

    We pray for you to get well and join us ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey mate..that's really good news. You have so many good friends who love you and are walking with you. God Himself is walking with you. You have the prayer support from me and my family. Take courage...you man of God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm relieved. I know now I won't be asked to preach at least until next year :-). Will pray for the side effects to be minimal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm relieved. I know now I won't be asked to preach at least until next year :-). Will pray for the side effects to be minimal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankful to God for this good news, brother! My prayer is that the Malaysian church will have the privilege of hearing you preach the Word as a 70 year old man and that through your ministry God will raise up many more Malaysians to preach the unsearchable riches of Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a relief to hear that it's localised! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a relief to hear that it's localised! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete