Monday, October 17, 2016

Poked again

I've never liked needles, yet this last 2 weeks I've gotten a lot of it, and I'll get another half dozen or so in the next 7 weeks. 


After the ordeal..resting
Today was the most uncomfortable experience so far.  First I was told to lay on the CT Scan table, then 2 men measure and mark my face and chest. Then a warm pad is placed over my face and they push contouring out my face and chest. They were making a mold. The head and chest was strapped down so that you cannot move. Then a line was poked into my veins so that they could drip the Contrast (Barium). The whole body heats up and a strong metallic smell fills the tunnel. You feel like choking but soon realize the smell is not from outside but from the Barium being shot up t he veins.


Nurse Lakshmi pulls out the needle that was in my veins
In order not to go crazy, and I was close to it, I replayed my readings of Psalm 23 in the morning...."I fear no evil...for you are with me....".  If you are one who gets claustrophobic  this would not be a favourable position to be in!  

Apparently with all this scans and measurements, the technicians and doctors will plan out my treatment which will only start Next Monday!...... more pain and needles.... 

7 comments:

  1. My flesh and my heart faileth; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever. But it is good for me to draw near unto God: I have made the Lord Jehovah my refuge, That I may tell of all thy works.
    Psalms 73:26‭, ‬28 ASV
    http://bible.com/12/psa.73.26-28.ASV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you allowed to use earplugs.. Get an audio bible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i saw a gentleman today with the headset while lying on the bed getting v his chemo

      Delete
    2. Yes, i saw a gentleman today with the headset while lying on the bed getting v his chemo

      Delete
  3. I will say of Jehovah, He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in whom I trust. For he will deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, And from the deadly pestilence. For the pestilence that walketh in darkness, Nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, And ten thousand at thy right hand; But it shall not come nigh thee.
    Psalms 91:2‭-‬3‭, ‬6‭-‬7 ASV
    http://bible.com/12/psa.91.2-7.ASV

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you bro! Look up and know that God is always with you. Many of your faithful friends and family are praying

    ReplyDelete